Millwork Team Lead
metrica Interior, Inc. is a growing company located in Western Massachusetts, who creates very high end residential interiors and unique furniture for clients around the world. We specialize (and excel) in custom architectural millwork and one-of-a-kind furniture for discerning architects, designers, general contractors and owners.
We collaborate with artists and artisans both locally and globally. No finish or material challenge is too much for us, be it wood, metal, custom glass, parchments, lacquers and paints, or stone. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of craftsmanship and quality. We value collaboration, commitment to craft and high quality results. We respect the input and efforts of everyone involved in the creative process. We emphasize attention to every aspect of production and strive for excellence on each project we complete.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK HERE:
If you’re just looking for a paycheck in a stress-free environment, metrica MA is probably not for you. We are looking for people who are not only passionate, but eager to work in collaboration with like-minded co-workers. If you are seeking a position that is different every day with an opportunity to make a real difference, then look no further.
This position is busy, sometimes crazy, and always dynamic. Creativity and input from the team are encouraged. There will be moments of stress with deadlines and the like, but that will be rewarded with the sweet satisfaction of working with team mates who have your back to help ensure everyone’s success. That, in itself, can be and is, exhilarating.
You will have pride in being part of some of the most incredible, one-of-a-kind creations on the planet, with the accomplishment of a job well done.
If you have the passion, work ethic, commitment, interest and inherent ability, as well as willingness to learn and work with others, this might be a good fit. The possibilities are endless.
The Millwork Team Lead is responsible for assisting Project Managers (PM), Production Manager and/or department heads in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met. This role will assist in providing the estimators and project managers with accurate timelines for perspective and current projects. The Team Lead will be responsible for project flow, delegation of duties and ensuring success for each project that is reflective of metrica MA’s extraordinary quality. Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Millwork Team Lead is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about Millwork. This role will require individual initiative and the ability to work with, and support a team to get the job done. Collaboration with other team leaders in shop resources is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing an understanding of assigned projects and their requirements.
- Attendance and participation in the weekly Capabilities Meeting
- Review project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, CO’s) with the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Actively participate in project intro and close-out meetings.
- Extend technical support during project preparation while collaborating with the drafting team on prerecord drawings.
- Assist Logistics Manager to organize finished product for shipping such as labeling, wrapping, coordinating deliveries of materials and installations.
- Communicate project life cycle and any updates or changes throughout the project timeline with the respective stakeholders such as finishing, furniture, millwork, finance departments.
- Distribute all shop fabrication related punch lists and the follow-up as necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work.
- Monitors and checks for updates while planning and organizing time and resources efficiently even under the pressure of multiple demands.
- Develop and implement timelines for project completion that meets contract agreements.
- To be the conduit for specific project information between the Project Manager, Floor Manager and team fabricators.
- Assign tasks with attainable goals to team members while constantly monitoring fabrication progress in relation to efficiencies, budgets and scheduling.
- Completion of annual reviews for all team members in the department.
- Participation in the hiring and training of new team members.
- Attend weekly project meetings as requested by PM and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Consistently follows/enforces the Company’s safety procedures and policies.
- Leverages own strengths and demonstrate understanding of weaknesses in order to most effectively contribute to a project.
- Continually builds own knowledge and expertise while building with profitability in mind.
- Is flexible and changes quickly based on the company’s changing needs.
- In collaboration with PM and Production Manager define daily, weekly and long-term project goals for fabrication schedule.
- Organize dedicated work areas to maximize efficiencies.
- Maintain as-built for installers.
- Review cutlists while engineering projects.
- Provide feedback on performance reviews and project success as needed.
- Work with employees, customers and management, often handling multiple projects at once.
- Coordinate with Production Manager to make sure needs are covered regarding space, machines, personnel, and finishing needs.
- GED, high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in woodworking
- Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and the ability to pay attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills enabling coordination with job managers
- Able to work independently if necessary and to identify and solve problems
- Able to expand basic woodworking techniques and construction
- Willingness to further train as well as teach in woodworking skills
- In-depth understanding of machine tool set up and use
- Demonstrate maturity and a humble approach to tackling new skills
- Able to accurately track time and job allocations
- Able to work safely and consciously with regard to yourself and fellow workers
- Basic understanding and minimum experience using hand tools required
This position will be a manual labor position and the ability to follow directions is critical. This position will require common sense, logical thought processes, and the ability to work in a safety conscious manner. This position requires the employee to wear all required PPE.
- This position is full time (40+ hours), hourly nonexempt
- Benefits eligible
- Hours of operation are flexible: 630AM – 630PM
- Work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to contaminants
- Must be able to wear and use safety equipment regularly such as goggles, masks, gloves, and stops
- Are regularly exposed to hazardous conditions and equipment
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Must be able to sustain posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to verbally communicate
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity utilizing hands and fingers to operate machinery
Job Type: Full-time