Cabinet Maker / Furniture Maker
Do you love fine woodworking? Have you been searching to work in a creative environment with highly skilled and dedicated craftsmen? Do you want to see your skills being used to create some of the finest work in the woodworking industry? If so, we are looking for your talent!
We are an established and expanding company who is in the business of manufacturing fine custom furniture and architectural millwork for the high-end interior design industry.
We are based in beautiful Northampton, MA but work with national and international clientele. We value passion, commitment, and a desire to strive for excellence. metrica Interior, Inc. is a workplace where every member of the team is equally important.
We are currently seeking expert level Cabinet / Furniture makers for a position crafting fine furniture and custom millwork. Our projects often combine and incorporate metal, stone parchment and other fine materials. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and willing to learn. This position is responsible for crafting fine woodworking projects to the highest standards.
This full-time position requires knowledge of all aspects of woodworking from shop drawing reading and layout, to milling, assembly, veneering, and prep for finishing. Positive team-oriented attitude required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Able to handle milling operations independently (i.e., cutting, shaping, sanding, measuring of woodwork)
- Able to sharpen and maintain chisels and hand planes; and use them efficiently.
- Take necessary measures to keep work protected during fabrication.
- Meeting deadlines which may require a willingness to work overtime while tracking hours worked on specific jobs.
- Organize tools and materials needed for the current days’ work as well as planning for tomorrow.
- Update the department manager of any scheduling delays, issues or woodworking procedural changes.
- Communicate in an efficient and effective manner with co-workers and supervision to insure jobs are done correctly
- Ability to lead and assist others on projects
- Foster harmonious communications within the shift and between shifts
- Promote safety rules, work policies and procedures per training/instructions
- Confident in taking on challenging projects and tasks
- Expert in utilizing woodworking techniques and joinery
- Process projects efficiently with no supervision
- Be accountable for the sequence of a job from start to finish
- Able to glue independently
- Assist is loading and unloading materials
- Maintain and organize a clean work area.
- GED, high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in woodworking shop preferred
- Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and the ability to pay attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills enabling coordination with job managers
- Able to work independently if necessary and to identify and solve problems
- Able to expand basic woodworking techniques and construction
- Willingness to further train as well as teach in woodworking skills
- In-depth understanding of machine tool set up and use
- Demonstrate maturity and a humble approach to tackling new skills
- Able to work safely and consciously with regard to yourself and fellow workers
This position will be a manual labor position and the ability to follow directions is critical. This position requires common sense, logical thought processes, and the ability to work in a safety conscious manner. This position requires the employee to wear all required PPE.
- This position is full time (40+ hours), hourly nonexempt
- Benefits eligible
- Hours of operation are flexible: 7AM – 6PM
- Work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to contaminants
- Must be able to wear and use safety equipment regularly such as goggles, masks, gloves, and stops
- Are regularly exposed to hazardous conditions and equipment
- Must be able to sustain posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to verbally communicate
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity utilizing hands and fingers to operate machinery
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Northampton, MA 01060: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range $18 to $30 commensurate on skill and experience in shop environment producing fine furniture and custom millwork